So, up until last night, we thought it was wonderful that Abby would simply fall asleep without being rocked or any such thing as soon as she had the binky in her mouth. However, last night, my opinion on that changed. We just got her new crib (love it, by the way) and put her in another room to sleep. She has always slept right next to me, so when she wakes up, I feed her. If she's just been fed, then I just roll over and put the binky in and she's fine. However, getting up and walking across the living room into the other room just for that was very frustrating! I tried to let her fuss it off, but she fussed (no crying) for 45 minutes, so I finally gave in twice and put the binky back in for her. What do I do? I can't get her to sleep without it! Do I just keep letting her fuss? Today I tried to get her to nap without it, but she screamed and screamed until I gave in and she was out like a light. Help!
Here are some more pics of Abby:
She loves this position- lays like this a lot, even when she's asleep.
She's great at tummy time. She's rolled from her front to back 5 times now.
She loves her monkey friend.
She refuses to smile for the camera anymore, so we have to sneak it.
She drools a ton (note it dripping from her chin!)
She is so playful. As you can see in the video, she loves to laugh!
Here are some more pics of Abby:
She loves this position- lays like this a lot, even when she's asleep.

7 comments:
I let Jack cry it out. Pretty quickly they get over it. In Jack's case he found his thumb and some people would say thats worse. Good luck!
My Jack got up every 2 hours at that age and would only eat, even though he had a binky. So, at least you don't have to feed her right!? I would say just try to let her cry it out, and she'll figure it out. It's whatever you can handle better, waking up to put the binky in, or letting her cry.
What if you were to cut the end of the binky off, so that it wouldn't be as soothing or comfortable anymore? then you can give it to her when it's time to sleep, but she will find it not as favorable as before, and maybe she'll decide life's better without it????
I could never let Makenna cry it out when she was so little. It took me until she was 8 months old until I let her. If I remember correctly, it seems like Makenna only had a few nights where I would have to go in just to give her a binki, then she just learned to go back to sleep on her own if it fell out. Then she learned to put it back in by herself, so we didn't have to worry about it. Good Luck!
I love her crib, so pretty. No advice from my end since I don't have a baby yet. But I hope you find some solution soon!
Bennett was playing that same binky game around 4 or 5 months. When I knew we needed to let him cry and figure it out we went cold turkey with night time first for a few days and then tackled nap time. That way they don't get really over tired. Then he never had a binky again which was nice in some ways, bad in others. Brady had the binky until 15 months, but there was never a problem. I would lay him down and it would just fall out when he was drowsy and then he would fall asleep. But he only had the binky for sleeping. He basically weaned himself when he had pneumonia, which is really odd but was no hassle. Good luck, basically it is just deciding as parents what you want to be doing.
She is so precious. How is Atlanta? I am going to plan a trip to come visit sometime. Love ya
Post a Comment