Sunday, August 31, 2014

Nathan's 1st Birthday Party

Sweet baby boy turned 1! I'll post again, soon, more about our sweet boy, but for now it's just about his party. 
We had a little family party for Nathan. The most effort was spent in making the cake, which was fun getting better at fondant the second time. I re-wrapped some of Brad and Abby's old toys that Nathan had never played with because I had them in boxes. He loves them all. Of course, his balloon was also a favorite. He was amazed by it floating and loved to bat at it. We also had to get Abby and Bradley balloons to prevent argument. Abby got Frozen and Brad got Batman, of course.
I'm not even sure he noticed the flame on the candle when we sang Happy Birthday.
 He did not care for any part of the cake, chocolate included. Surprising, since he's not a picky child.
 He did not like mommy sticking his hand in it!
 It's my party and I'll cry, if I want to! It's my nap time!
 He loves this phone toy. There are buttons, songs, and it drives! All Nathan's favorite things. Abby got it for her 1st birthday.
 Brother and sister were very helpful... a little too much. But, they got all his presents opened for him, since he wasn't interested in ripping the paper himself. They sure love their baby brother!

No comments: