Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween

I am home from church right now while Nathan naps because poor baby is sick. He had a fever for 4 days, raspy throat, and cough. I took him to the pediatrician yesterday, who said he has croup. He prescribed steroids for him, which have been helping with his breathing. He seems to be getting better, today. His body seems to finally be fighting off the infection and Luke gave him a blessing at church this morning. 
He probably got it from Bradley (had a bad cough) who got it from Luke (bad cough) or Abby (she had a 4 day fever, then cough) who got it from Me (4 day fever, then cough). I have no idea where I picked it up. I still am coughing a month later. There also has been some diarrhea going around. 
Needless to say, we are ready for illness to be out of our home!

ANYway...the kids loved Halloween!
 Luke said Mr. Incredible doesn't smile...and apparently neither does Dash.
 Well, not until Mrs. Incredible makes them :)
 Aren't they cute?! I just love my kids in matching costumes!
 Protect us, Violet!
 Jack-jack about to pounce on the bad guys!
 Super fast Dash!
The ward trunk or treat was when Abby had a fever, so I just took Brad. Abby was so sick she didn't even care we were leaving without her. Bradley had fun seeing all the kids dressed up and learning to trick or treat. 
By Halloween, they were both well. Abby had her school party, which we came to. Those kindergartners were too cute.
There was a neighborhood block party, then neighborhood trick or treat. 
Everyone loved our family costumes! I planned on The Incredibles as soon as we found out Nathan was going to be a boy, because of course we had to with the right layout of kids. I found a lot of the pieces at Goodwill, Target, and Walmart. There was a pattern online to make the symbols for our shirts. The kids loved their costumes and wore them to bed that night...actually most of the next day, too (they didn't go anywhere).
When we started trick or treating, it rained almost right away. It didn't look like rain, so we had no umbrellas and were quite far from home, as we drove to the party and Luke drove home with Nathan. Once we got home, Luke took the kids back out with umbrellas in the rain. They were so happy. They came back with very heavy buckets.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I finally took the time to catch up on reading your blog!! Your family is adorable as The Incredibles! Love and miss you all!