Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Blessing, Family in Town, Move to Atlanta

Life has been Crazy lately!
Abby got her first cold. She was so stuffy that I had to suction her out several times a day. Here's her cute sad sick picture. But, not Too sad!Luke's Entire family, 23 people, was in town in Provo the week before we moved. It was great fun to have everyone together and we were grateful for the help moving, too. It was the first time Abby met most of the family. Abby with Grandma Olson.We went to, Luke's brother, Paul's graduation...and had dinners for him.Abby met her cousin, Susanna, who's one month younger.We went swimming,went to Bridal Veil Falls,and toured downtown Salt Lake.Then, we had Abby's baby blessing. The blessing was beautiful. I was very touched by how connected to the Spirit my hubby was.Tons of family came. This is his immediate family that was there.And aunts, uncles, and cousins, too. We had lunch afterward at Luke's aunt and uncle's house.Then, Abby took her first flight with me to Cincinnati. She was such a good baby! Not a peep during either flight. We stayed at my mom's house until Luke finished driving out. I met my old roommate of 2 years at an outlet mall between her house and my mom's. It was so good to see her! Luke took a 17 hour drive that ended up being 22 hours with his brother out in the moving truck. Then, he stayed at his brother's house in Iowa City for a day and drove 8 hours to Cincinnati. We caravaned from Cincinnati to Atlanta in the car we bought from my mom. Mom was able to help us with moving in. This is the only picture of the entire last week and a half because we've been too busy and tired! The apartment is still a mess, so I'll post pics when we're finished unpacking. We really love it here. There is sooo much to do around here. We're really in the city with skyscrapers all around, but it doesn't feel like it when we're home because of all the beautiful trees and it's very quiet. We love our new ward and have already made friends that live in our complex.
I'll find pics to post soon!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Fun! I'm glad you made it here safely! We're in the middle of packing getting ready to move, but we'll have to have y'all over when we're all moved in!

Jennifer Ames said...

She is looking so mature! =)Glad the move went well and that Abby did so good on the plane ride!

The Eborns said...

Abby is getting so cute! I love her little smile. Have fun in Atlanta!

Amy said...

Yea!! I'm glad you guys made it there safely! Good luck!!

Amber said...

I love that last picture of you guys! It is definitely a lot of work moving, but hopefully it will all be over soon, and you can spend your time enjoying your new home.

Laura Campbell said...

Wow, Angie I didn't know you were moving to Atlanta! Good luck out there!

Olson Family said...

So fun to see all the pics. It was really so great to see you guys and meet Abby.

Ashley said...

We have that same play mat! Good luck with the move!

Michael said...

Great pictures of everyone. It was so fun to be altogether even though it was a short time. (Glad you were able to get the chair put together after the screws going missing. Sorry.) ~Maria