Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Job!

I finally found a job! I was offered a job from the first and only interview I had. I will be working on a General Surgical/ Bariatric Surgical unit at Northside Hospital. This hospital is just a few minute drive from our apartment. I will work 4 shifts per month (2 weekend nights) for 12 hours at night, which is perfect so Abby doesn't have to go to daycare or anything. Luke should be around to watch her during non-busy season and our friends will watch her when he's late coming home. The managers on the unit were really nice, so I'm hoping the staff are, too! It will be a lot different than my last job, but I did get some experience with general abdominal surgeries at my old job. Also, the pay is very good because they pay more when you are not offered benefits and when you work nights and weekends. I start November 9th and will have a few days that I need to find a babysitter. I'm excited and nervous, but I think this will work perfectly for our family.

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Thats great! Congrats

Jennifer Ames said...

Way to go! It's good to find one with the perfect schedule. That's the most important thing right now.

Amber said...

Congrats! That is great that you found something that allows you to not have to try and find a daycare for Abby.

Rachel Murray said...

Congrats on finding such a great job with a great schedule. That is exactly what I am working right now(every other Fri and Sat night)and it works out SO perfectly. Good luck!

Ashley said...

congrats ang! yeah its always scary starting a new job but you'll be just fine especially because you have experience..that is the nice thing..you aren't clueless like a new grad!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Congrats on getting the job!