I can't believe how fast Abby is changing lately. It seems like, as soon as she figured out how to crawl on her knees, she just does one new thing after another.
She is now pulling herself up to stand. She loves to play with her toy standing up. She stands up on the couch, chairs, Mom & Dad, etc.
She never lays on her belly anymore to play. It's a fantastic new step because that means far less spit-up on my carpet!
She has also begun to love talking on the phone! She is starting so young :) She especially loves to talk to her Daddy and will respond in a kind of shout that she doesn't do unless she is on the phone. Abby and I went to Texas to see my dad and family. On Sunday, Abby got on Skype (the webcam) to talk to her Daddy and just kept looking at him and doing her talk-shout in a very excited way. It was sooo cute and you could be sure she knew just who she was talking to!
Just today, when I walk out of her room for naps, she pulls down the bumper and falls asleep with her head and hand resting on the bumper pad! I tried to get a picture in the room, but she wakes up. So, here's the view from the monitor. So cute.
Oh, and here's my first attempt at newborn photos. I need a lot more practice and I need to get a better flash so the photos turn out more crisp and bright. I definitely have a long way to go to become like my role model, Melanie Rice! She went to nursing school with me, but she does photography on the side.





Just today, when I walk out of her room for naps, she pulls down the bumper and falls asleep with her head and hand resting on the bumper pad! I tried to get a picture in the room, but she wakes up. So, here's the view from the monitor. So cute.


5 comments:
They really do grow up too fast...I guess that is why you have more! Love the newborn pictures. I think you are off to a great start!
i think they look great!!
Such a sweet little Abby. This is definitely the age where they learn something new everyday. Oh, and you may want to look into lens with a smaller F-stop (1.8) rather than a differnt flash. My sister-in-law has one and her portraits are perfect, but I think your pics look fabulous. You are very creative.
They do stinkin grow up way too fast!!! Abby is getting so big, such a fun stage Ang
I really want to get into photography too, all we need is a super great super expensive camera!!! Your pics are great
It is so true, they change so much, so fast. It is really fun watch your kids learn new things, but it is hard too. I look at your blog all the time, but am horrible at leaving comments. It looks like you guys are doing well after your big move.
Post a Comment