Thursday, February 11, 2010

Silly Girl

Abby makes me laugh. I am biased, but she's pretty funny, too!
Right now, her smile includes a too cute scrunched up nose, which I have not gotten on camera. You just can't help but smile when she smiles.
She also is blabbering all the time lately. She talks to her toys, "Blah, da, ah..." Sometimes she just wanders around the house whispering "dadadadada." It is so funny the way she whispers it. She also started saying "mama." Unfortunately, it's just what she says when she's upset! However, I think it's funny the way she says it and I have to turn my head and silently giggle as I take care of whatever is upsetting her.
Since she is really starting to pull herself up on things and climb over things, she falls a lot. Sometimes you can tell she hurt herself when she cries pathetically, but most of the time she just face-plants and keeps on going. I think it is hilarious, but I'm one of those mean people who laughs when people fall. The other day, she was playing by the printer and decided to crawl over it. She fell headfirst over the back and her little legs were up in the air kicking. I picked her up and consoled her, but I couldn't help but shake while restraining my laughter after I was sure she was okay. My poor child! I promise she didn't really get hurt, she was just freaked out.
She has started trying more new things lately. I share my banana with her in the mornings. She loves Cheerios, even though she basically sucks on them until they dissolve. I was eating Cheerios with her one day and she would open her mouth and attack the finger with the Cheerio on it. So, I stuck it on my tongue, but as she went for it I pulled it into my mouth. She didn't stop fast enough and hit her head on mine. She must have a hard head because she just looked at me, like "Hey, where's my Cheerio."
Here's a picture of her eating...well tasting...plums. She wasn't particularly liking them and someone came over, so she was distracted. She kept rubbing her hands on her face and not really opening her mouth as I tried to feed her. So, this was the result.
Here she is trying popsicles. I love the little "mmm" sound. So yummy!

Here is Abby playing with Abigail. They are best friends!

P.S.- I don't know why these videos are black, but they do work!

7 comments:

Olson Family said...

so cute to see her playing with herself. that jumperoo thing looks awesome!

The Eborns said...

Abby is so CUTE! She reminds me so much of Emma. They grow up fast don't they?

Amber said...

Abby really is so cute! She is at such a fun age too. I think that is so funny that you laugh at her when she falls...poor girl! :)

Megan said...

LOVE the popsicle video!

Julia said...

She is at such a fun age. What a little character!

Ashley said...

WE have that same jumperoo. Zach loved it until he started to crawl really, really fast and then it became frustrating. :) LOVE the popsicle tasting! Too funny!

Cami and Juan said...

What a good best friend to have! Seriously I had an imaginary twin sister I talked to in the mirror all the time. Love it.