My friends and I ran a 5K, my first one, just before Christmas. It had been beautiful and warm outside for a week before the race, then it turned cold and was 30 degrees for our run. We were all hopping around to keep warm before the race. I had my best time yet, coming in at 29:55. I was really fun to do and fun to see all the people in Santa hats and Christmas colors. They gave us a Santa hat to wear, but they must have come from the dollar store and were to small. I would have worn my other one, but it's in storage, of course.
After our run, we went to a really delicious restaurant to make up for the calories we burned...for the last 2 months :)
I love these ladies. They are from my old ward, so I miss them, too. At least it's not too far to see them.
That evening we went on our anniversary date. We went to a fancy restaurant, but then we were like "what now?" We thought about going to the lights at the botanical gardens, but realized we are now 45 min from there. So, we were going to see drive-through lights 20 min closer. We drove 25 min there only to find a 2 mile long line and upon checking online for price, you needed $10 cash-we had 9. "What if we go to see Star Wars?" Luke said. Groooaaan. "You better not be serious." "What are we going to do, then?" Sigh. "I don't know."........."Fine, but you owe me one!" (I do not love Star Wars) Luke found us a 3D movie in the front row. 3D makes me sick, but whatever. Remember that this is the day after the release. So, I'm sitting there next to Luke in the car thinking that this is a lame anniversary date.
THEN we get to the theater and the chairs recline so we are looking at the screen without trouble and it is super comfy. I'm thinking I'm going to sleep. The 3D comes on and I don't know if they changed it or I have gotten used to it, but it didn't bother me and was kind of cool. Then, I actually really liked this movie! So, it turned out to be a great date night, anyway! I sure love this guy :)



No comments:
Post a Comment