Monday, September 28, 2015

Mammoth Caves National Park

We took a whole trip up to Kentucky to pick up a puppy, but took a fun trip to Mammoth Caves and met my mom first. 
We started out our trip with an 8 mile canoe and 1 kayak trip down the river through Mammoth Cave National Park. Luke and I took turns in the kayak and now we want some of our own. The trip was fun and the kids loved it, but we were all exhausted by the end. The kids keep asking to go canoeing again. I took pictures on a waterproof camera that I have now misplaced after trying multiple times to get it developed, but no one would do it. Hopefully I find it again.
The next day, we went to Dinosaur World. They have tons of life-size dinosaur statues. The kids loved it and it was actually pretty neat to see.
 This was their made-up dinosaur that stands next to the highway to attract visitors. It was really cool to see up close.
 Abby trying to look scared, but just looks happy 
 Fossil dig
We toured the Mammoth Caves on our last day. They are really awesome. I had parts of them when I was a kid, but it was fun to take my kids to see them.
We swam in the hotel pool while Nathan napped with Nana.
 Why are they so cute when they sleep??

No comments: