Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Monday Getaway

Luke had work off on Monday, so we took a trip to Pine Mountain an hour and a half south where there are a couple of fun attractions.

First, we did the Wild Animal Safari. It's a park you drive through in your car or one of their vans (we did our own but don't recommend it). There are animals all throughout the park that come right up to your car to get food. There were buffalo, zebras, elk, horned cow-looking creatures, pigs, and tons of deer-like animals. Our windows were covered in slobber when we were finished. We recommend it to anyone once.
The bigger animals were pushy, so we had to keep our windows mostly up when they came by.
We weren't supposed to feed them by hand, but we couldn't resist!

After the safari, we went to Callaway Gardens. After entry to the park, everything we did was included. First, we went to the Butterfly Enclosure where butterflies come out of their cocoons and are released into a greenhouse with butterfly-friendly plants.

Since pictures couldn't really capture the butterflies, I'll show you the video below.

Next, we went to the man-made beach to swim. The water was really warm. Near the beach there were paddleboats and we drove one around a smaller lake next to the beach.

Then, we went to a huge vegetable garden created only to be looked at. And, of course we needed to take a picture with the Georgia Peaches!

Sunflowers taller than Luke


Finally, we saw the Florida State University Circus perform in a tent by the beach. They were amazing! The picture below is of 4 girls that climbed onto a bike while a guy was driving.

In this video, the guy had a rope around his head- I don't know how he didn't strangle himself!

6 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

You two are really soaking up the Georgia experience. That animal thing looks interesting, I feel like I would be afraid.

Blake and Laura said...

Cami is right. You really look like you're doing everything in Georgia. So fun!!! I think the safari thing looked fun! Makayla would love it. I'm excited you'll be home on Saturday. What time?

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

You guys are making me so jealous. You are doing so many fun things In Atlanta. I showed my husband the picture when you went to the Braves game and he knew the batter was Brian McCann I thought it was funny. Hope you guys keep having fun their.

Markos said...

Great pics. We are coming to visit you guys for sure next summer. Our cell phone charger go left in South Dakota so I will have to tell you all the gory details in a few days :)

Amber said...

Hey Ang. Have you seen the Brian Regan act where he talks about the Butterfly Pavillion? It's pretty funny. You should look it up. That is great that you and Luke are doing so many fun things. It definitly gets harder once you add a baby into the mix.

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Cool pics! Looks like you saw some fun stuff in Georgia and the other places you went. Isn't traveling and seeing new places so fun?