Sunday, August 24, 2008

Salt Lake Date

Luke planned a fun date for us last night. We went to Salt Lake City and ate at The Garden, which overlooks the temple there. We had a 4 course meal with an appetizer of gourmet potato chips with blue cheese and stuff, soup, entree, and finally a delicious apple cobbler with ice cream on top.
After dinner we walked around the temple area. It was really quiet and peaceful and beautiful with tons of flowers all around the temple.
Then we went to the Off Broadway Theater for a comedic game show. Luke and I even got to participate. He got to go on after not breaking a smile when 4 guys did their very best to make him laugh. That was pretty hilarious- one guy said "These shorts chafe my legs" and rolled them up to show off his very unattractive legs. Luke was struggling not to laugh.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That sounds fun!! Why didn't y'all invite us along!?!?

Amber said...

What a fun date. I love temple square!

Julia said...

I love off broadway theater. Good planning, Luke!