Sunday, November 16, 2008

We Love and Miss You, Grandpa

My Grandpa passed away last Sunday and I had the opportunity to go to his funeral. My dad gave a beautiful eulogy. He talked about how my Grandpa loved to sing (he had the most beautiful voice) and to tell jokes. He cared deeply for his family and his love emanated from every part of his being. My Grandpa was and is a wonderful man.
With heartache often comes joy as well. I was glad to see my family that I had not seen in years. I saw my Grandma and my dad's brother and his family. It's too bad we live so far away because I really enjoy their company. I'm grateful that families are forever so I can spend more time with them after this life.

It was so sweet to see how my dad and Uncle Larry would tend to Grandma. I loved to see them each standing at her side helping her along.

No comments: