Monday, May 24, 2010

Abby's Birthday Bash

My sweet tiny girl is 1! I just can't believe it. Abby got her 1st birthday card in the mail a few days before her birthday. When I read the Whinny the Pooh card, I got all teary eyed, thinking how my baby isn't a baby anymore. Crazy to think just a year ago she came out of my belly and didn't do anything but sleep, eat, and poop. She can do so much now!

To copy my sister-in-law, Tiffany, this is Abby at 1 year:
She's almost walking. She has taken a couple steps here and there but doesn't really seem interested of sure of herself.She does crawl very quickly. In a dress, she gets up on her toes and straightens out her legs, still crawling fast.
She loves to follow Mom wherever she is. In the kitchen, she plays in her drawers, filled with pot holders, bottles, etc. She also gets into the cabinets and has fed herself Cheerios on many occasions.
If Mom's on the computer, Abby pulls on chords, knocks over the trash, opens drawers to pull out files of papers, and climbs on the printer (see why we're excited for an office?).
She says "uh oh" & "wassat?" (what's that?). She pronounces the T very strongly, which is so cute.
She may be saying "mama" and "dada," but she's made those sounds for a while and I'm not sure she knows what they mean yet.
She has begun to laugh a lot. Things are now actually funny instead of surprising. She is very ticklish and will stick her feet out for more.Her favorite game is peek-a-boo and she holds everything over her face to play, including toys, clothes, blankets, books... anything she can think of.
Another fun game is pull stuff out of boxes. The toy box is awesome because she's aloud to play with that stuff. Other fun things to pull out include her dirty laundry, clean laundry, paper from the file box, stuff Mommy has packed away but didn't tape the box, etc.
She loves to read and will turn the pages and smile at the pictures. She also loves to pull off the pop-up pages, which Mommy tapes back on.
One of Mommy and Daddy's favorite things is snuggle time. She puts her little head on our chest to cuddle and it just melts our hearts. Unfortunately, it rarely last long, but it's so sweet!On Abby's Birthday, Abby played with her best bud, Carson, in his water table. Next, we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with some friends.On Saturday, we had her Birthday celebration. It was a lot of fun!
I made her a little "1st" Birthday onesie and bib with fabric and fuse.We had some friends over with their boys (no, Abby doesn't have 1 girl friend), but her best friend couldn't even come.This was my 1st attempt at making a cake. I think it turned out pretty well, except the writing looked like a kid did it. Maybe I'll figure that out one day.Abby wasn't too thrilled. She just took a few bites, then sat there like she wanted out of her highchair.She is loving all her fun new toys, which her friends helped her open and play with!

6 comments:

Jennifer Ames said...

Too cute! Looks like you had fun. She is getting so big!

Cami and Juan said...

I love her fun birthday skirt. Girls are so much fun. Happy Birthday to Abby!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! Time sure does go fast. And CONGRATS on the house!! That is SO exciting for you guys. It looks like a beautiful house!

Leslie said...

I can't believe she is one already! She is so adorable. Love ya!!

Megan said...

Abby looked great in her birthday tutu. I think Matthew looks like he is the present in the second to last picture. Happy moving today!

Megan said...

Awww my girl...I miss her (and you). I think Carson is more than slightly confused as to where his bff went to and why she hasn't come over lately. I'll call you soon! Hope you are loving your new home!!