Monday, March 5, 2012

Luke is 30!

Luke celebrated his Big 3-0 this weekend! 
I can't believe how much he has and hasn't changed since we were married when he was 22. I'm so proud of all he has accomplished. He is a wonderful husband and father. We are grateful for him!
On Saturday, we celebrated with a relaxing night of dinner at a Thai/Malaysian restaurant (without the kids! Sooo nice!), then went to see Chronicle, then had a DQ blizzard. It was a really nice night (especially for me getting a little break from my sweet darlings :)
Oh, I have to mention that part of Luke's birthday was spent suit and sport coat shopping for hours! It was a sad necessity because his new client managers told him Friday that he needed a coat Every Day starting Monday. None of his other clients were like that and he was down to one blazer. So, lots of time and money spent that he didn't know about until last minute. Oh, well! He ended up with some great suits for great prices in the end.
And I'm Not sad he has to wear them every day, because he looks Super Handsome :)
On Sunday, I was planning a Surprise Party for Luke, well lazy lady's verion. I told him I invited one couple over so that he wasn't too suspecting of me cleaning and baking, then everyone was just going to show up. However, he decided he wanted to have an actual party (after originally telling me he didn't, but I couldn't handle him not having a 30th party), so he started to invite people! Well, I asked people to tell him they couldn't come, so that worked somewhat, but he invited some others that I didn't get to in time. Well, it was a bit of a surprise to have a ton of people, at least! We ended up with a full house of  16 adults and 10 kids. It was a lot of fun and we really like everyone who came. It's great to be making some good friends here!
Happy Birthday, Hubby! I love you!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Luke! Aren't date nights great?! Thanks for the message about pinning the file folder post, i had like 50 hits on that post! It was so funny.

Megan said...

That birthday party story is pretty funny. Happy Birthday Luke! He's joined the club. We've still got a couple more years Angie. :) BTW your kids are sooo cute. Abby gets cuter and cuter. That pink swim suit is darling. She's such a doll.

Ashley said...

Thanks for the update on your new blog address! I was wondering where you went. :) How come you changed anyway?

Happy 30th, Luke!