Christmas morning, Santa came. It was really fun to have a child who gets Santa, for the first time. It was fun seeing her excitement when talking with her about Santa. Brad also recognizes "Tanta, ho ho."
I spent a lot of time making their stocking from scratch. I started Abby's her 1st Christmas, but had to fix it and add some things this year. Brad didn't even have one last year.
Everyone opened presents in the chaotic Christmas rush, that I think is so fun. The kids got coloring stuff and books, and Abby got Shoots and Ladders. Abby loves the coloring book I made her for use with dry-erase crayons, full of black and white laminated pictures of herself and family. Her favorite thing is to put beards on everyone and laugh at how funny they look.
We had a couple of big presents we couldn't fit in the car, so we opened them on Sunday at home.
Brad got a car ramp, which has provided hours of fun for both kids, already.
Abby loves her doll house.
One day, I was doing dishes, oblivious to what was happening behind me. I started to hear a clanking and realized that Brad had pulled out a bunch of canned goods and was stacking them like blocks. Abby soon joined in the fun. That's why I keep my pantry shut, but it was so cute.
Abby and I made a graham cracker house. She loves to cook in the kitchen. Here she is making the frosting.
The frosting does taste good!
She also had her animals over for lunch one day. My little girl is growing up.

1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a very fun Christmas. I can't believe how much your little kids are growing up!
Post a Comment